FIFA 16 First Gameplay Details
Balance! balance! balance is the summary we get from the latest FIFA 16 first gameplay. Check the following features for our dreaming FIFA 16 pitch which has make true.
Innovation Across the Pitch
Confidence in Defending
- Over 25 gameplay changes made to Defensive Agility
- Improved player tracking and marking.
- Faster animation recovery when you miss a tackle.
- Re-balancing of sprint and acceleration curves. (reduced)
- Retuning of jockeying to provide smoother less jerky transitions.
Defend As A Unit
- Players will now actively mark space as well as the man.
- Players recognise faster when possession is turned over and respond accordingly.
- New defensive covering and positioning logic.
- Players will now actively drop in to fill "dangerous space".
- Standing and sliding tackles completely reworked.
- Slide tackles are now slightly longer in distance.
- More emphasis on the engine choosing the "right" tackle animation.
- In air tackles allow you to tackle when the ball is bouncing (this wasn't in FIFA 15)
- You can now tap X to cancel out of slide tackles to recover faster.
- New "Fake Tackle", which you can use to try and lure an attacker.
- Emphasis on goalkeepers being "more human".
- In FIFA 15, they were too good in certain situations, and poor in others. Aiming for balance in 16.
- A host of new goalkeeper animations added.
Control The Midfield
- Players now actively look to intercept, block, or divert passes which are close to them.
- Players now step in to the line of passes, anticipating the destination.
- Interception Intelligence is Personality based (some players are better at it)
Passing With Purpose
- Brand new R1 & X pass in FIFA 16 which adds more pace to ground passes.
- Designed to allow passes in to tight spaces, creating new opportunities.
- Due to the added pace, greater error is applied to the pass direction and first touch.
Moments of magic
- No Touch Dribbling
- New dribble type, allows you to feint with your body without actually touching the ball
- Acts as a "clutch" for dribbling, providing greater freedom.
- Controlled using a combination of LB & RT.
- You need to see this in action, it's very hard to explain.
- Crosses are now aimed at space, rather than directly on to players heads.
- Results in more attackers on the run in the box rather than stood still.
- Crosses are more whipped and dangerous.
- Lots of brand new crossing animations.
- Shooting is now more consistent (less wild curve, etc on shots)
- Driven shot trajectory has been retuned to be flatter providing better power feedback.
- More venom in shots hit on the run versus still/jogging.
- Advanced foot modelling will respond to the shape of the foot as you strike the ball.
- Volleys have been completely re-animated.
- New player modelling tech has allowed EA to size individual body parts when creating players.
- This results in vastly improved player models in terms of realism, proportion and uniqueness.
- New player head and eye tracking tech, allows them to follow the flight of the ball.
- Vanishing spray for free kicks has been added with appropriate referee animations.
- New lighting technology throughout the game.
- New texturing model to remove the "plastic" look from player faces.
- Two new weather types - foggy and hazy.
- For the first time, long hair is now fully animated. (Ibra FTW)
- Time of day logic improved, meaning you'll naturally see dusk, etc more often.
- "That" Bolasie skill move has been added to FIFA 16.
- You can now run over and celebrate with the camera man, ala Gerrard.
- An all new teaching tool for FIFA which overlays control suggestions as you play actual matches.
- It's on by default for "new" players but can be turned off by pressing the RS.
- The FIFA Trainer has different levels, the more you can do, the more advanced suggestions it will make in-game.
- The FIFA Trainer's starting level will be determined by your past FIFA experience.
- Skills games have also been completely refreshed for FIFA 16.
So as you can see, an enormous amount of new things coming to FIFA 16's Gameplay this year, and for me the increased emphasis on defending and positioning is long over due. EA were keen to stress that Ultimate Team and FIFA 16 Career Mode news will be coming, but for now they're only talking about the above gameplay changes.